New Jersey Governmental Attorneys
Premier New Jersey Governmental Lawyers & Essex County Civil Rights Law Firm
The civil rights law firm of Lum, Drasco & Positan is located in Essex County, New Jersey and has business clients located throughout New Jersey and New York.
Our governmental law lawyers have significant experience representing public entities and officials. Our representative governmental client list includes numerous local and statewide public entities. We serve as general counsel to many of these government entities as well several public officials. Some of the legal matters we have handled for our governmental law clients include:
- Civil rights litigation, including the defense of many varieties of discrimination claims and claims under 42 USC §1983.
- Labor and employment matters.
- Collective negotiations.
- Interest arbitrations.
- PERC practice.
- First amendment litigation concerning issues of free speech, freedom of association and patronage dismissals.
The Lum Firm is approved counsel for the FDIC for litigation and workouts. It has also been involved with privatization/employee leasing issues, and in appellate litigation involving independent authorities and bi-state agencies.
Our governmental law practice is far reaching. Due to our presence in other practice areas, we handle a variety of governmental legal issues, such as litigation, employment law, construction law, real estate and zoning matters, education law, and condemnation law. Some of the cases we have handled include:
- The firm represented the City of Jersey City as to the privatization of the Jersey City Water Department, and has also been involved in county utility and improvement authority representation, including general representation and as environmental enforcement, litigation, and compliance counsel.
- The firm represented the City of Linden regarding the redevelopment of a landfill, and is involved in labor issues regarding other projects involving redevelopment of public land, brown fields, and project labor agreements, including those that are the subject of Executive Order 1 issued in 2002.
- The firm has also handled election redistricting issues involving the Town of Westfield/Westfield Ward Commission
- The firm also handled construction claims involving the Somerset Patriots' stadium, located in Somerset County.
If you require a New Jersey governmental lawyer, contact the Lum Firm. Let us put our 135 years of experience to work for you.