At the law office of Lum, Drasco & Positan LLC, we represent individuals who have suffered serious, permanent injuries while under the care of a physician, healthcare professional or hospital. Through our meticulous preparation, vigorous negotiation, and experienced trial techniques, we have recovered significant compensation for injured individuals and their families.
Contact our medical malpractice lawyers for compassionate representation in New Jersey or New York.
Medical Negligence - Medical Malpractice
Medical negligence can occur when a physician fails to obtain the informed consent of a patient before performing a procedure, misdiagnoses a medical condition, fails to perform a procedure properly, or deviates from accepted standards of care in a general or particularized practice of medicine.
We hold doctors and other health professionals accountable for medical malpractice that leads to injury or wrongful death. Medical malpractice may involve:
- Cancer misdiagnosis: failure to timely diagnose cancer resulting in an untreatable condition that may have been treatable if detected and diagnosed sooner
- Birth injuries: failure to recognize fetal distress and perform a c-section, failure to recognize poor birthing positions, and negligent usage of delivery equipment, such as forceps that results in permanent injury to the infant or mother
- Surgical errors: anesthesia overdose accidents, AIDS contaminated blood transfusions, plastic surgery mistakes, Lasik complications, and other surgical mistakes
- Medication errors: nursing negligence, doctor negligence, and pharmacy negligence that leads to improper dosage, improper medication, or other medication errors
- Equipment malfunctions and mis-readings: Radiology report mistakes, testing equipment malfunctions, and other negligence
- Nursing home abuse: neglect or abuse that leads to accidental burns, sexual misconduct, bed sores, medication errors, and broken bones
Do I Have a Claim?
A partner in our medical malpractice group has been certified as a civil trial attorney by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey and he carefully valuates every potential medical malpractice claim. We work with Board Certified Medical Expert witnesses in every subspecialty of medicine, in addition to vocational consultants and economists to determine the merits of a case, a proper measure of damages, and to obtain the best possible results for our clients.
If you believe you have a medical malpractice claim, contact our medical malpractice lawyers to discuss your case.