Mr. Baron, with more than thirty years of experience, counsels clients on a broad range of business related matters, as well as tax planning for individuals and businesses.
Mr. Baron's practice in business and transactional matters includes formation of business entities, such as corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and limited partnerships and the tax ramifications arising from entity selection; business acquisitions and dispositions; commercial real estate transactions; leases; asset based financing transactions and the licensing of intellectual property. He advises and assists commercial clients with business governance matters, including organizational structure and documentation, as well as succession planning, including operating, partnership and shareholder agreements. Mr. Baron assists the firm’s litigation department in the handling of disputes within closely held businesses.
Mr. Baron counsels clients in the estate and gift tax laws pertaining to the transfer of assets, including gifts, sales, charitable giving, with the goal of maximizing available tax opportunities. He is experienced in the preparation of wills, various trusts, advance medical directives and powers of attorney. Mr. Baron works closely with the firm's litigation department in the handling of estate and trust litigation matters.
Mr. Baron was admitted to the practice of law in New Jersey in 1980 and holds both a Juris Doctor degree from Seton Hall University School of Law and a Master of Laws degree (Taxation) from New York University Law School. He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and its Taxation Law, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and Business Law sections.
Areas of Practice
- Business Formation: Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Commercial Real Estate, including: Purchases and Sales; Financing; Leases
- Lending and Secured Transactions; Asset Based Loans; Commercial Leasing
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance
- Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Estate and Trust Planning and Administration
- Preparation of Wills, Trusts, Advance Medical Directives and Powers of Attorney
- Estate and Trust Litigation
- New Jersey, 1980
- U.S. Tax Court, 1983
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1980
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. (Taxation) - 1983
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey
- B.S. (Accounting) - 1977